19th century house in the center of Monforte village, Portalegre in the center / south of Portugal
This fantastic nineteenth-century house in the center of the village of Monforte, near the castle walls, was part of the real estate of the Religious Orders and was integrated into the assets of the Portuguese Crown at the time of the Liberal Reformation and later sold to private individuals as evidenced by the deeds with the royal seal, King Dom Carlos (November 18, 1890) and King Dom Manuel (May 7, 1908).
Note: Original and true documents are not included in the price of the property.
The house is made up of two floors which have undergone some changes over the years.
Already in the twentieth century was housing inn and tavern and is currently fully converted into housing, maintaining the original but with the comfort of today.
The two floors are interconnected, but have the possibility of having independent uses.
On the ground floor there are several access doors that also make this floor with possibility of independent divisions.
In the global the house has 15 divisions, distributed by:
5 living rooms
1 machine room
1 outdoor storage room
This house is ideal to make your family home, or make local accommodation (Bed & Breakfast).
The house is in the center of the village of Monforte, in the historic area, with all services a few meters away. City Hall, Post Office, Health Center, Finance, Conservatory, Schools, Fire Brigade, Municipal Library, Football and Athletics Stadium, Swimming pool and heated swimming pool, Sports Pavilion, Multipurpose Pavilion, Tennis Courts, etc.
It also has very close local commerce.
A village with historical heritage, well maintained and with good access.
Lisbon is 2 hours away
Badajoz (Spain) is 45 minutes away
Algarve (Faro) is 3 hours away